Wednesday 4 September 2013

4th September 2013 - Nightcliff Mornings and what I'm learning



This morning I pulled myself out of bed and against the wishes of my body to continue sleeping I laced up and headed out to hit the pavement for another morning.

What I am finding is that though it's only the 3rd day I have covered over 30kms within the last 48 hours and my hips are killing me - I think it's time to have a session in the pool as a mini rehab this afternoon if I'm going to stand any chance of lasting the rest of the month. I'm also finding that I need to eat alot of protein to build lean muscle and not use it for fuel (duh) and as from Monday I've realised that I've already dropped 1.3kgs which is insane, but I'm going to have to now watch my diet as strictly as ever (might even start taking body measurements) and will have to invest in a heart rate monitor at some point.



Having said all this the goal is to cover 10kms a day by foot (at any cost) and I'm not going to give in easily.

32.14kms down, 167.86 to go.





0 comments:

Post a Comment